Co-Editor (With Mary A. Larson); Oral History and Digital Humanities: Voice, Access, and Engagement, Palgrave MacMillan, December 2014.
Author; Crawfish Bottom: Recovering a Lost Kentucky Community, University Press of Kentucky, August, 2011.
Co-General Editor; Kentucky Remembered: An Oral History SeriesUniversity Press of Kentucky:
Co-General Editor; Kentucky Remembered: An Oral History Series, University Press of Kentucky
African Immigrant Voices in Kentucky: Stories of Migration, Identity and Transnationality, by Angene Wilson, Jack Wilson, Francis Musoni, Iddah Otieno, January 2020
Burley: Raising Kentucky Tobacco in a New Century, by Ann K. Ferrell, July 2013
Arab and Jewish Women in Kentucky: Stories of Accommodation and Audacity by Nora Rosie Moosnick, June 2012
Voices from the Peace Corps: Fifty Years of Kentucky Volunteers by Angene and Jack Wilson, February 2011
Freedom on the Border: An Oral History of the Civil Rights Movement in Kentucky by Tracy K’Meyer and Catherine Fosl, May 2009
This is Home Now: Kentucky’s Holocaust Survivors by Arwen Donohue and Rebecca Howell, May 2009
Co-Editor, Producer; Audio CD accompanying The Stars of Ballymenone: Stories, Songs and Instrumental Music from the North of Ireland, by Henry Glassie, Indiana University Press, March 2006.
Co-Editor; Community Memories: A Glimpse of African American Life in Frankfort, Kentucky, The Kentucky Historical Society/University Press of Kentucky, September 2003
Author; “Oral History Collections,” in The Digital Archives Handbook: A Guide to Creation, Management, and Preservation,edited by Aaron D. Purcell, Rowman & Littlefield, January 2019.
Co-Author; “Sustainable Stewardship: A Collaborative Model for Engaged Oral History Pedagogy, Community Partnership, and Archival Growth,” by Janice W. Fernheimer, Douglas A. Boyd, Beth L. Goldstein, and Sarah Dorpinghaus, the Oral History Review, volume 46, 2018.
Author;“Search, Explore, Connect: Using OHMS to Enhance Access to Oral History,” in Preserving Survivors’ Memories: Digital Testimony Collections About Nazi Persecution (History, Education and Media),Edited by Nicolas Apostolopoulos, Michele Barricelli, Gertrud Koch, Erinnerung, Verantwortung und Zukunf (EVZ), February 2017
Co-Author;“Connecting the Classroom and the Archive: Oral History, Pedagogy, and Goin’ North,” by Janneken Smucker, Doug Boyd, and Charles Hardy III, Oral History in the Digital Age, February 2017
Author;“I Just Want to Click on it to Listen”: Oral History Archives, Orality and Usability” inThe Oral History Reader, Routledge Readers in History edited by Robert Perks and Alistair Thompson, Routledge, December 2015
Co-Author, “Indexing as Engaging Oral History Research: Using OHMS to ‘Compose History’ in the Writing Classroom” by Doug Boyd, Janice Fernheimer, and Rachel Dixon, accepted for publication in the Oral History Review, Oxford University Press, Fall 2015
Author: OHMS: Enhancing Access to Oral History Online for Free in the Oral History Review Volume 40 Issue 1 Winter: Spring 2013
Boyd, Douglas A. in Oral History in the Digital Age, edited by Doug Boyd, Steve Cohen, Brad Rakerd, and Dean Rehberger. Washington, D.C.: Institute of Museum and Library Services, 2012,
- Achieving Good Audio Recording Levels, Doug Boyd
- Audio or Video for Recording Oral History: Questions, Decisions, Doug Boyd
- Case Study: Born Digital Accession Workflow: The Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries, Doug Boyd and Sara Abdmishani Price
- Case Study: Interviewer-Generated Metadata, Doug Boyd
- Case Study: Is Perfect the Enemy of Good enough? Digital Video Preservation in the Age of Declining Budgets, Doug Boyd
- Case Study: Noise Reduction and Restoration for Oral History: The Stars of Ballymenone, Doug Boyd
- “Collecting in the Digital Age“: An Overview, Charles Hardy and Doug Boyd
- Designing an Oral History Project: Initial Questions to Ask Yourself, Doug Boyd
- Digital Audio Recording: The Basics, Doug Boyd
- Enhancing Discovery: Connecting Users to Your Oral History Collections Online, Doug Boyd
- Informed Accessioning: Questions to Ask After the Interview, Doug Boyd
- Microphone Strategies for Recording Video for Oral History Interviews, Doug Boyd
- OHMS: Enhancing Access to Oral History for Free, Doug Boyd
- Oral History in the Digital Age: Project Overview (Thinking Big Video)
- Oral History In the Digital Age: The Imperative for Rethinking Best Practices based on a Survey of the Field(s), Steve Cohen, Brad Rakerd, Doug Boyd, Dean Rehberger
- Search, Explore, Connect: Disseminating Oral History in the Digital Age, Doug Boyd
- The Art of Lighting for Recording Video Oral History Interviews, Doug Boyd
- The Digital Mortgage: Digital Preservation of Oral History, Doug Boyd
- Understanding Microphones, Charles Hardy and Doug Boyd
- Oral History In the Digital Age: The Imperative for Rethinking Best Practices based on a Survey of the Field(s), Steve Cohen, Brad Rakerd, Dean Rehberger, & Doug Boyd.
Boyd, Doug. “Achieving the Promise of Oral History in a Digital Age,” in Donald A. Ritchie’s The Oxford Handbook of Oral History, Oxford University Press, 2010.
Through the Dream Door by Doug Boyd. Lazy Susan Records